Help! My Energy Bill is Outrageous!!
Is your energy bill haunting your nightmares? The summer time can be the best for a lot of things (ie: swimming, vacationing, playing with friends, relaxing), but it can be treacherous for your budget if you live in certain parts of the country. Energy bills can seriously sky rocket if you’re not extra careful and attentive to how you use your utilities. We’ve researched several resources from power companies and compiled a list of 5 tips for you to keep on hand when trying to avoid the summertime energy bills crisis.
- Set your thermostats. Setting the thermostat at 78F in the summer and 68F in the winter should only cause a 3%-5% increase in energy use. If you live in a region where the temperatures vary greatly each day, consider installing a programmable thermostat.
- Seal your windows. Check the caulk and weather-stripping around your windows and if you noticed that the caulk is cracked or the stripping is flat, replace the material. Using caulk for small holes and expanding foam for larger areas should help your situation.
- Avoid using your oven. Using the kitchen oven will only remind your A/C to come on and stay on. During the hot summer heat, consider keeping your house cooler by grilling outside or eating meals that can be cooked with the toaster oven.
- Use overhead fans. If you have ceiling fans, use them! Why use the energy from the A/C when the overhead fan works just as well and costs way less?
- Close blinds and shades. Blocking the sun and its heat can really make a difference when trying to keep the house cool.
Hopefully these tidbits will help keep your payments at bay, but if you do find yourself in a pickle and need some extra cash to help pay for your energy bill or any bill for that matter, let us know at TitleMax®. We are happy to help individuals during financial emergencies and it’s so simple to get the cash you need.
TitleMax® is committed to being one of the nation’s largest and most reputable car title loan companies. We can offer quick approvals on short-term car title loans and car title pawns. The TitleMax® team strives to provide quick and easy customer service and is here to help answer any questions you may have. You can expect to spend about 30 minutes at TitleMax® getting your entire loan from start to finish – we make the most of our time! Stop by any of our 1,000 locations for more information. We do not run credit checks on our customers so your previous credit does not even factor into the process. We will not ask for proof of insurance, and, the best part is, you get to keep driving your car!
To secure your car title loan or pawn TODAY, all you need are three items:
- A vehicle registered in the applicant’s name
- A clear, or lien-free, car title
- A government-issued ID
If you need quick cash and have the items mentioned above, stop by one of our 1,000+ locations to be approved quickly for the TitleMa™x loan you are ready to get!
Learn more about car title loans by clicking Title Loan or Pawn Information.