Spend Less Than You Earn. Keep a budget or spending plan and track your spending.
Have a Plan. Get organized, write down your financial goals, track your expenses.
Prepare for Expected Events. e. Retirement, Holidays, etc.
Prepare for Unexpected Events. e. Emergencies, Job loss, etc.
Always Know Your Interest Rates. Never exceed 13% interest on loans and know what you pay on interest and fees. Know how your interest is being calculated.
Keep a Healthy Credit Report. Receive a free annual credit report at annualcreditreport.com
Avoid Waste. Eat at home, clip coupons, return purchases you won t use.
Take advantage of tax breaks. Earned Income Credit, VITA
Fill in the Financial Gaps. Garage sale, eBay, recycle, sell excess produce at a Farmers Market, house cleaning, etc.
Give Back to Your Community. Angel Tree, United Way, Food Bank
Plan to be Financially Successful
Know where your money is going
Save for specific needs
Write down immediate, short term, intermediate and long term goals
Create a spending plan that works for you and track what you spend
Start Saving Now to be Prepared
Save lump sum payments / windfalls like tax refunds, gifts or inheritance.
Be prepared for sudden illness, theft, natural disasters or the loss of your job.
Have adequate Health, Car, Home, and Life Insurance.
Improve Your Credit Score
Your Credit Score is a number that indicates if you have good credit history. You can improve your Credit Score by paying your bills on time. Don’t apply for credit (cards) frequently. Pay off your balances each month.
- In Nevada, title loans should be used for short-term financial needs only and not as a long-term financial solution. Customers with credit difficulties should seek credit counseling before entering into any title loan transaction.
- In Texas, TitleMax® acts as a Credit Services Organization to assist customers in obtaining a loan through an unaffiliated third-party lender. Please see store associate for details. Please see Texas Schedule of All Fees.
- TitleMax of Virginia, Inc. d/b/a TitleMax® is licensed by the Virginia State Corporation Commission, license number VTL-11.
- TMX Finance of Virginia, Inc. d/b/a TitleMax® Loans is licensed by the Virginia State Corporation Commission.
Title-Secured Loans, Title Loans, and Title Pawns:
* Maximum loan amount in Illinois is $4,000.00. Maximum loan amount in Mississippi is $2,500.00. Maximum loan amount in Tennessee is $6,500.00, assuming customer qualifies and accepts both the Pledge and Line of Credit. Minimum loan amount in California and one Virginia location is $2,600.00. Minimum loan amount for title-secured loans in South Carolina is $601.00.
** Must be at least 18 years of age (19 in Alabama). Account approval requires satisfaction of all eligibility requirements, including a credit inquiry, and motor vehicle appraisal. Certain other terms and conditions apply.
*** Proof of income documentation is required in California, Illinois, Nevada, and some Texas locations . In California, you are also required to provide proof of residency, and a valid vehicle registration to obtain a loan.
§ Refinancing is not available in Mississippi or most Virginia store locations. In Illinois, you are required to have reduced your original principal balance by 20% before refinancing. TitleMax®, TitleBucks®, and InstaLoan®, are not considered competitors. Please see a store associate for details.
Personal Installment Loans:
†Must be at least 18 years of age (19 in Alabama). Account approval requires satisfaction of all eligibility requirements, including a credit inquiry. Bring in proof of income, active bank account, proof of residency, a check, and a valid government-issued ID to apply. Unsecured loan products not available in all stores or states.
± Minimum/maximum loan amounts vary by state; not all loan amounts available in all states. Maximum loan amount for first time borrowers is $1,000.00 ($500.00 in AZ). Returning customers with a good payment history may qualify for higher loan amounts, currently up to $2,500.00 in most states. Certain other terms and conditions may apply.
‡ Signature and personal loans are offered in Florida by TMX Finance of Florida, Inc. d/b/a InstaLoan®, and affiliate of TitleMax®. Account approval requires satisfaction of all loan eligibility requirements, including a credit inquiry, and, if applicable, motor vehicle appraisal. Certain other terms and conditions apply.