August is Family Fun Month so it’s the perfect time to make memories together before school starts. Don’t let summer slip away before you’ve soaked up all the fun these long, sunny days have to offer.
Check out some inexpensive ways to spend time and have fun with your family in August:
Have a picnic in a local park. Pack up easily portable snacks and drinks with a blanket to sit on and enjoy a meal outside.
Take a family bike ride or walk around your neighborhood or local park.
Plan a day trip to the local zoo or museum. Check their websites for days with free admission. Bring waters and snacks so you don’t have to spend money on costly concession stands.
Hold a talent show in the living room where each family member performs their hidden talent. The winner gets to pick their favorite movie to watch or not have to do their least favorite chore.
Cook a meal together. Choose an easy recipe where everyone can help.
Have a karaoke night. Check out free apps for download or just turn on the radio and sing along!
Attend free DIY workshops at local craft or home improvement stores.
Volunteer to help out at an animal shelter.
Have a backyard obstacle course using items from around the house. The winning team gets ice cream or doesn’t have to clean up the dishes after dinner.
Build a fort in the living room using blankets, chairs, pillows and read books by a flashlight.
Go camping in your backyard and sleep under the stars.
Use the last of these summer days to connect with your family, especially before school starts back up and everyone gets back into their busy routines. The memories you make during Family Fun Month will be priceless and also won’t hurt your bank account!
- In California, loans are made by TitleMax® of California, Inc., d/b/a TitleMax®, California Finance Lenders Law License No. 603K014.
- In Nevada, title loans should be used for short-term financial needs only and not as a long-term financial solution. Customers with credit difficulties should seek credit counseling before entering into any title loan transaction.
- In Texas, TitleMax® acts as a Credit Services Organization to assist customers in obtaining a loan through an unaffiliated third-party lender. Please see store associate for details. Please see Texas Schedule of All Fees.
- TitleMax of Virginia, Inc. d/b/a TitleMax® is licensed by the Virginia State Corporation Commission, license number VTL-11.
- TMX Finance of Virginia, Inc. d/b/a TitleMax® Loans is licensed by the Virginia State Corporation Commission.
Title-Secured Loans, Title Loans, and Title Pawns:
* Maximum loan amount in Illinois is $4,000.00. Maximum loan amount in Mississippi is $2,500.00. Maximum loan amount in Tennessee is $6,500.00, assuming customer qualifies and accepts both the Pledge and Line of Credit. Minimum loan amount in California and one Virginia location is $2,600.00. Minimum loan amount for title-secured loans in South Carolina is $601.00.
** Must be at least 18 years of age (19 in Alabama). Account approval requires satisfaction of all eligibility requirements, including a credit inquiry, and motor vehicle appraisal. Certain other terms and conditions apply.
*** Proof of income documentation is required in California, Illinois, Nevada, and some Texas locations . In California, you are also required to provide proof of residency, and a valid vehicle registration to obtain a loan.
§ Refinancing is not available in Mississippi or most Virginia store locations. In Illinois, you are required to have reduced your original principal balance by 20% before refinancing. TitleMax®, TitleBucks®, and InstaLoan®, are not considered competitors. Please see a store associate for details.
Personal Installment Loans:
†Must be at least 18 years of age (19 in Alabama). Account approval requires satisfaction of all eligibility requirements, including a credit inquiry. Bring in proof of income, active bank account, proof of residency, a check, and a valid government-issued ID to apply. Unsecured loan products not available in all stores or states.
± Minimum/maximum loan amounts vary by state; not all loan amounts available in all states. Maximum loan amount for first time borrowers is $1,000.00 ($500.00 in AZ). Returning customers with a good payment history may qualify for higher loan amounts, currently up to $2,500.00 in most states. Certain other terms and conditions may apply.
‡ Signature and personal loans are offered in Florida by TMX Finance of Florida, Inc. d/b/a InstaLoan®, and affiliate of TitleMax®. Account approval requires satisfaction of all loan eligibility requirements, including a credit inquiry, and, if applicable, motor vehicle appraisal. Certain other terms and conditions apply.