Make The Most Out of This Season With This Fall Bucket List!
Leaves are falling, fall is calling! Autumn is the wonderful season of year we relish in the crisp air, awe in the changing leaves, buy pumpkin-everything, dress in creepy costumes for Halloween, gather with families for Thanksgiving, and come together to cheer on our favorite football teams. Rake in the fun of the season by completing this fall bucket list.
Don’t Be Afraid to Stay Home
If you are looking for a fool-proof way to enjoy the season, look no further than the comfort of your own home! From getting crafty to enjoying a bonfire with best friends in your backyard, you can pile up the memories without stepping out of your front door.
- Make a Halloween costume
- Have a bonfire with s’mores
- Have a family scary movie night
- Host a chili cook-off party
- Make something crafty with a seasonal theme using Pinterest
- Friendsgiving feast
- Play in the leaves
- Make a scarecrow
- Carve pumpkins
- Create a new reading list
- Create a Halloween village filled with houses and accessories
- Take a fall family picture
- Burn a fall-scented candle
- Make a list of what you are thankful for
- Put together a puzzle with a fall theme on a chilly night
- Clean out your fireplace and enjoy the first fire of the season
- Make a fall wreath
- Host a spooky pooch parade and dress your dog in a Halloween costume
- Listen to your favorite Halloween songs (The Monster Mash, Halloween theme song)
- Watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade on TV
Pumpkin Spice and Everything Nice
Fall is synonymous with harvest, so it’s no wonder that baking pies, sipping cider and indulging in comfort foods are a must on any fall activity list. No tricks, only treats!
- Make Caramel apples
- Bake pumpkin chocolate chip muffins
- Make apple crisp
- Eat a hearty stew
- Bake pumpkin bread
- Enjoy a pumpkin spice latte
- Make apple or pumpkin pie from scratch
- Enjoy some apple cider
- Make Halloween-themed cupcakes
- Share a big bag of fresh candy corn with your kids
Fall Fun Out and About
Hayrides and pumpkin pie! Get out of the house, enjoy the crisp fall air, and celebrate the colors of the season by checking a few of these items off your list.
- Apple picking
- Take a hike to see the changing foliage
- Go to a corn maze
- Explore a pumpkin patch
- Attend a football game
- Drive to Salem for Halloween and fall fun
- Go to a haunted house
- Enjoy a hay ride
- Take a tractor ride
- Go horseback riding
- Attend a costume party
- Take pictures of the changing leaves
- Visit a farmer’s market
- Buy a new fall sweater
- Attend a harvest festival
- Collect autumn leaves and use them to decorate
- Canoe or kayak trip
Carve Away Time for Community
If you have been contemplating giving back this year, but have been busy with your summer to-dos, there is no time like the present to turn over a new leaf!
- Clean out your closet and donate unused clothes
- Take advantage of the cooler weather – Participate in a run or walk for a good cause
- Serve a hearty meal to people in need
Crisp air, Fall Leaves and All The Things Autumn Brings!
If you have spent the last few weeks (or months) counting down to fall, make the most out of the season by completing a few of these items. It is sure to bring piles of leaves and piles of smiles. Happy fall y’all!