October is National Book Month so it’s the perfect time to share some classic must reads.
While it’s not 1984 and this isn’t a strict and stringent list of The Best of Everything, we hope you find a book on this list that you enjoy.
This list contains no Pride and Prejudice and no Great Expectations for you to read every book on the list until you say And Then There Were None. These are just some Beloved books from throughout the years, where you can learn life lessons like The Perks of Being a Wallflower, but hopefully not how To Kill a Mockingbird.
We know it’s hard sometimes to find an hour in your day to read and you wish there could be A Wrinkle in Time, but this list is not Wild so hopefully you’ll feel Better Than Before once you’ve read some of these books!
- A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
- Catch 22 by Joseph Heller
- Charlotte’s Web by EB White
- Harry Potter series by JK Rowling
- Life of Pi by Keltainen Kirjasto
- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
- Lord of the Flies by William Golding
- Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
- The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
- The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien
- The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
Books mentioned in opening paragraph:
- 1984 by George Orwell
- The Best of Everything by Rona Jaffe
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
- And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie
- Beloved by Toni Morrison
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle
- Wild by Stephen Chbosky
- Better Than Before by Gretchen Rubin