Father’s Day is just around the corner. Do you have a gift in mind for your Dad yet? You don’t have to break the bank to show him how much he means to you. Here are some budget friendly DIY gifts that he is sure to love. Your wallet will love them too.
They say the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach so if your dad loves to eat, he’ll probably enjoy these homemade snacks. With simple and affordable ingredients, these tasty treats will be sure to please. Click the links to view the recipes and instructions:
If you want to stay out of the kitchen but still spoil your dad with delicious treats, check out these homemade gift basket ideas.
- Coffee Gift Basket: In a basket, put in a bag of coffee from your grocery store, a mug or thermos, powdered creamer and cookies. You’ll have a great gift ready for your coffee drinking dad.
- Ice Cream Sundae Box: Gather up different toppings needed for a sundae like fudge, caramel, candy, sprinkles and arrange in a basket with bowls and spoons. Stick the ice cream in the freezer until you’re ready to eat. This will make a sweet sundae gift basket for your Dad to enjoy.
- Beer Bouquet: It’s as easy as it sounds. Pick up your Dad’s favorite types of beer (if you’re over 21) and arrange them in a bucket or basket. Cheers Dad!
- World’s Greatest Pop Jar: Pop, not just a nickname for your father, but also the name of some yummy treats. Put these pop themed items in a basket for a punny gift: Soda POP, POPcorn, POP’s corn cereal, POPtarts, and POP rocks candy.
Are you a little craftier and want to make a gift for your Dad to use and not eat? Here are some easy DIY gifts for your Dad.
- Pre-Shave Oil: Mix together olive oil, grapeseed oil and some essential oils like sandalwood to make a pre-shave oil your Dad. He can use before he shaves and it will leave his skin feeling super smooth.
- Quality Time idea jar: On separate strips of paper, write down ways you and your Dad can spend time together. These could include going to the park, riding bikes, playing mini golf or watching a movie. You and your Dad will enjoy picking an activity from the jar and making memories.
- DIY Citronella Paint Can Candles: You’ll need empty cans or mason jars, glue, a large pot and mixing bowl, pre-made wicks, soy wax, and citronella oil to make your candle. Your dad will be happy this handmade gift also keeps bugs away.