Veterans Day honors the brave men and women who have protected our independence so we can enjoy life and liberty today. Remember to take some time to say thank you for the sacrifices they and their families have made and possibly still make today.
Being patriotic doesn’t have to be reserved for July 4th, Memorial Day, or Veterans Day. Express your gratitude to our service members and show your American pride throughout the year!
Show military members that are still serving that we appreciate them with the ideas below:
Send your Support
- Mail a care package. There are many organizations that arrange care packages to send to troops. Check them out online to see what items are needed.
- Don’t forget the K-9 soldiers! You can send treats to the four-legged soldiers too.
- Include a card with your care package or drop one off at a local USO or military office.
- If you own or operate a business, try offering a military discount.
- Consider hiring a military spouse or veteran if they’re a qualified applicant.
Presence is a Present
- Attend parades or welcome-home gatherings for soldiers.
- Visit military memorials or cemeteries.
Give your Time
- Volunteer at a VA hospital or VA retirement home.
- Offer babysitting services for children of military members.
Pay it Forward
- Patronize businesses that support veterans.
- Pay for a meal if a soldier is eating at a restaurant you’re eating at too.