Learning to drive can be rough, and it’s pretty likely that a teen’s first car will be not very expensive. But that’s OK; just look at these celebrities before they became famous and what they were driving! While some A-list celebs had a glorious, expensive vehicle to start, like Taylor Swift and her pink Chevy Silverado, most celebrities and their cars had pretty humble beginnings. Check out these fascinating celebrity cars that got famous people going!
<a href="https://www.titlemax.com/discovery-center/lifestyle/first-car-of-35-famous-people/"><img src="https://storage.googleapis.com/titlemax-media/c0d2b52c-first-car-of-35-famous-people-6.jpg" alt="The First Car of 35 Famous People - TitleMax.com - Infographic" title="The First Car of 35 Famous People - TitleMax.com - Infographic"></a><br><a href="https://www.TitleMax.com" alt="TitleMax.com" title="TitleMax.com">Created by TitleMax.com</a>
The First Cars of Celebrities
Here are some interesting celebrity first-car stories:
- What was Jay Leno’s first car? At 181 premium classic cars, his car collection is larger and more expensive than most, but for Jay Leno, the first car made a big impression: He made his driving debut with a 1934 Ford Model BB truck that was a real fixer-upper!
- What was Jerry Seinfeld’s first car? He hosts the show Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee on Netflix perhaps in part to show off his massive car collection. But the famous sitcom star also started from humble beginnings with a 1977 Volkswagen Beetle.
- What was Barack Obama’s first car? He drove his grandfather’s Ford Granada, which rattled and shook as he drove to pick up girls for dates. Also unimpressive about Barack Obama’s first car? A hole in the floor.
- What was the first car of Duchess Kate Middleton? The Duchess of Cambridge now rides around with the royal family, but when she was first dating Prince William, she drove a humble Volkswagen Golf.
- What was the first car of Vin Diesel? The star of the Fast and the Furious films drives so many cool cars, but his first car was probably dorky, too, right? Well, actually, his 1978 Chevy Monte Carlo probably seemed pretty cool at the time.
- What was the first car of Mark Zuckerberg? The creator of Facebook makes a lot of money, but despite that, he drives a very cheap car It seems like he always has, though, starting with a Subaru Forrester.
- What’s Jeremy Clarkson’s first car? The controversial star of the hit shows Top Gear and The Grand Tour is famous for driving fast and well-made vehicles, but he started with his parents’ Fort Cortina 1600E.
First Cars for the Average Person
Some of the best first cars on our list inspired massive celebrity car collections, and other first cars simply inspired a minimalist approach to getting around. What’s a good first car for you or a new driver in your life? Often, the best first cars for teenagers are cheap, safe, simple, and easy to fix, as it’s important to learn good maintenance habits as a young driver. Used Honda Civics, Ford Focuses, and Volkswagen Jettas are some of the favorites for parents. No matter what you pick, be sure to check out IIHS losses and safety ratings and consider these factors as well as just the cost, because young drivers are simply far more likely to cause fatal accidents. Hopefully, looking at this list of famous celebrities in cars that are pretty bland can reframe your or your teen’s first-car expectations!