What are the highest-grossing films of the past decade, and how do they compare to Oscar winners and critical darlings? We’ve found the top three highest box office successes of the past ten years and broken them down by production budget, domestic gross, worldwide gross, and the estimated profit of each. See the astonishing difference in profit between beloved summer blockbusters, Oscar winners, and what critics on Metacritic claim are the best movies of the decade! The movies that made the most profit in the past decade include Avatar in 2009, with an astonishing $2.5 billion in estimated profit, and Star Wars: The Force Awakens, which made $1.7 billion in 2015. Blockbuster movies are some of the highest-profit movies, with Oscar winners for best picture and the most critically acclaimed films of each year often making a fraction of their earnings. See the worldwide box office numbers of the most profitable movies of each year from 2006 to 2016 and see for yourself: From Harry Potter to Marvel to tiny productions like A Separation, a retrospective of the past ten years of film is interesting once you view it through a monetary lens.
<a href=" https://www.titlemax.com/discovery-center/money-finance/estimate-profits-films-past-decade/"><img src="https://storage.googleapis.com/titlemax-media/2018/01/estimated-profits-50-films-past-decade-6_tmx.png" alt="Estimated Profits of 50 Films From the Past Decade" title="Estimated Profits of 50 Films From the Past Decade - TitleProLoans.com - Infographic"></a><br><a href="https://www.TitleProLoans.com" alt="TitleProLoans.com" title="TitleProLoans.com">By TitleProLoans.com</a>
- In Nevada, title loans should be used for short-term financial needs only and not as a long-term financial solution. Customers with credit difficulties should seek credit counseling before entering into any title loan transaction.
- In Texas, TitleMax® acts as a Credit Services Organization to assist customers in obtaining a loan through an unaffiliated third-party lender. Please see store associate for details. Please see Texas Schedule of All Fees.
- TitleMax of Virginia, Inc. d/b/a TitleMax® is licensed by the Virginia State Corporation Commission, license number VTL-11.
- TMX Finance of Virginia, Inc. d/b/a TitleMax® Loans is licensed by the Virginia State Corporation Commission.
Title-Secured Loans, Title Loans, and Title Pawns:
* Maximum loan amount in Illinois is $4,000.00. Maximum loan amount in Mississippi is $2,500.00. Maximum loan amount in Tennessee is $6,500.00, assuming customer qualifies and accepts both the Pledge and Line of Credit. Minimum loan amount in California and one Virginia location is $2,600.00. Minimum loan amount for title-secured loans in South Carolina is $601.00.
** Must be at least 18 years of age (19 in Alabama). Account approval requires satisfaction of all eligibility requirements, including a credit inquiry, and motor vehicle appraisal. Certain other terms and conditions apply.
*** Proof of income documentation is required in California, Illinois, Nevada, and some Texas locations . In California, you are also required to provide proof of residency, and a valid vehicle registration to obtain a loan.
§ Refinancing is not available in Mississippi or most Virginia store locations. In Illinois, you are required to have reduced your original principal balance by 20% before refinancing. TitleMax®, TitleBucks®, and InstaLoan®, are not considered competitors. Please see a store associate for details.
Personal Installment Loans:
†Must be at least 18 years of age (19 in Alabama). Account approval requires satisfaction of all eligibility requirements, including a credit inquiry. Bring in proof of income, active bank account, proof of residency, a check, and a valid government-issued ID to apply. Unsecured loan products not available in all stores or states.
± Minimum/maximum loan amounts vary by state; not all loan amounts available in all states. Maximum loan amount for first time borrowers is $1,000.00 ($500.00 in AZ). Returning customers with a good payment history may qualify for higher loan amounts, currently up to $2,500.00 in most states. Certain other terms and conditions may apply.
‡ Signature and personal loans are offered in Florida by TMX Finance of Florida, Inc. d/b/a InstaLoan®, and affiliate of TitleMax®. Account approval requires satisfaction of all loan eligibility requirements, including a credit inquiry, and, if applicable, motor vehicle appraisal. Certain other terms and conditions apply.