Getting kids to eat their vegetables should always be this much fun! Ants on a Log is another great fun “Snacktivity” that is healthy and delicious. All sorts of ingredients are possible so get creative. Celery is traditionally “The Log”, although you can try a hollowed-out cucumber or another crispy vegetable or fruit. We used peanut butter as the sticky ingredient, to keep “The Ants” (raisins) on the log. As an alternative, you can try cream cheese, guacamole, or hummus. You can get really creative with “The Ants”. Try goldfish shaped crackers, dried cranberries, blueberries, heck, any-berry. If you don’t mind a little sweets now and then, jelly beans add a variety of color, and the kids won’t complain. Try this Snacktivity as a back-up rainy-day-activity for your next road trip destination! No baking or mixing required!
INGREDIENTS & UTENSILS FOR ANTS ON A LOG
– Peanut Butter
– Small Spatula or Spoon
Try our other snack recipes for more delicious fun!
– Snack Video #1 – You’ll also love this No Bake Energy Bites Recipe
– Snack Video #2 – A personal all-time favorite – Homemade Spicy Chex Mix
– Snack Video #3 – Homemade Chewy Popcorn Balls
– Snack Video #4 – Munchies-Necklace
– Snack Video #5 – Sandwich Sushi
– See all 19 SUPER-DELICIOUS SNACK RECIPES INFOGRAPHIC