Which World Cities Have the Highest Concentrations of Billionaires?
Where would you live if money was no object? In truth, one’s location has a significant influence on opportunities for wealth, investing, and connections, but success (or a fortunate birth) happens across the globe. The billionaires list is most abundant with billionaires from the United States, China, France, India, and Japan. Ever wonder what city has the most billionaires in the U.S.? The U.S. city with the most billionaires is New York City, which has far more billionaires than most countries do. This infographic found on TitleMax.com shows the numbers of billionaires per capita by city around the world:
Would you like to add this infographic to your page? Copy this embed code:
<a href="https://www.titlemax.com/lifestyle/the-25-largest-sports-contracts-of-all-time/?sf_traffic=unpaidreferral_infographic_awareness_x_x_x_x_x_titlemax"><br /> <img title="Which World Cities Have the Highest Concentrations of Billionaires? - TitleMax.com - Infographic" src="https://storage.googleapis.com/titlemax-media/410cdbde-cities-highest-concentrations-billionaires-4.png" alt="Which World Cities Have the Highest Concentrations of Billionaires? - TitleMax.com - Infographic" /></a><br /> <a title="TitleMax.com" href="https://www.titlemax.com">Created by TitleMax.com</a>
What City Has the Most Billionaires per Capita?
The city with the most billionaires per capita is Geneva, Switzerland. Geneva has 19 billionaires and an estimated population of 198,979, which means that there are around 9.5 billionaires per 100,000 people.
Here are the top 20 cities with the most billionaires per capita:
- Geneva, Switzerland, billionaires: 9.54875 per capita (19 total)
- San Francisco, California, billionaires: 6.40029 per capita (56 total)
- Stockholm, Sweden, billionaires: 2.15263 per capita (21 total)
- Paris, France, billionaires: 2.03609 per capita (44 total)
- Dallas, Texas, billionaires: 1.42750 per capita (19 total)
- New York, New York, billionaires: 1.33032 per capita (112 total)
- Hong Kong billionaires: 1.09231 per capita (82 total)
- Manila, Philippines, billionaires: 1.06742 per capita (19 total)
- Taipei, Taiwan, billionaires: 0.98262 per capita (26 total)
- London, England, billionaires: 0.91294 per capita (82 total)
- Shenzhen, China, billionaires: 0.83799 per capita (105 total)
- Los Angeles, California, billionaires: 0.70582 per capita (28 total)
- Beijing, China, billionaires: 0.67317 per capita (145 total)
- Hangzhou, China, billionaires: 0.63707 per capita (66 total)
- Singapore billionaires: 0.61360 per capita (35 total)
- Moscow, Russia, billionaires: 0.57047 per capita (68 total)
- Bangkok, Thailand, billionaires: 0.48392 per capita (51 total)
- Foshan, China, billionaires: 0.43074 per capita (31 total)
- Shanghai, China, billionaires: 0.42933 per capita (113 total)
- Guangzhou, China, billionaires: 0.39843 per capita (61 total)
What City Has the Most Billionaires in Total?
The city in the world with the most billionaires is Beijing, China, with 145 billionaires. In fact, it is now called the “billionaire capital of the world.” Shanghai, China, has the second-most billionaires at 113. New York billionaires come in a close third at 112. The number of Beijing billionaires overtook the number of New York billionaires in 2021. Although Beijing has more billionaires than New York City, the combined net worth of the Big Apple’s billionaires is around $80 billion greater than that of their counterparts in Beijing.
The richest person in Beijing is Zhang Yiming, who is the founder of TikTok, with a staggering net worth of around $44 billion. This incredible wealth pales in comparison to that of the richest person in China, Zhong Shanshan, who is worth around $68.9 billion. Zhong’s colossal wealth was developed through bottled water and pharmaceutical sales.
You might also like...
Home and Family
Taking care of a home and family is a blessing that comes with many responsibilities including, and most importantly showing love, care and support. It can be overwhelming at times, but finding balance through efficient solutions can help. Discover with Title Pro, “Home and Family” series aims to help provide great tips for your home and family to make each day a little easier.
Planes, Trains and Automobiles
Transportation has shaped our society across the broadest possible spectrum from both practical purposes, as a tool for survival, to aesthetics, as a personal expression and style and a millennium worth of history and science from the Orient Express offering transportation in 1883 to the Japanese Bullet train today that travels 200 MPH, vehicles are critical to our existance and at the same time sensationalized in film, as depicted in James Bond films and unusual video game vehicles. Few things we own have as much importance as the vehicles we own or dream to own one day .